How to make Beer – Porter, that tastes like Guinness. Boil in Bag Raw Ale Method I kid you not. We try out a new heater / temp system in this video. I have mixed feelings on it to be honest. The Porter is great, I’ve made it before, and the mash bill is pretty inexpensive too.
I don’t boil my beer anymore, we use the Raw Ale method and it works great!
This porter tastes surprisingly like Guinness to me, and it’s a new staple around here. So, let me teach you how to make this beer, no specialty items needed!
Some links to items used in the Video:
* Safale S-04 Yeast: https://amzn.to/2ZlS3bg
* I broke down and got a cooler: https://amzn.to/2ZcA1gm
* Temperature Controller https://amzn.to/2L2CEY1
* Heating Element: https://amzn.to/2KTlSvT
* TRBOS (sanitization bucket): https://amzn.to/2VZpQGC
* Star San: https://amzn.to/2RTlqBX
* Hydrometer: https://amzn.to/2Dj8oWd
* Graduated Cylinder: https://amzn.to/2TYgmJO
* Baster: https://amzn.to/2DlIu4b
1.5 gallon batch
1.0 lbs (454 g) 2 Row Malt https://amzn.to/2L763At
.5 lbs (277 g) Crystal Malt (I used 90) https://amzn.to/2Ue6a1r
.5 lbs (277 g) White Wheat Malt https://amzn.to/329rJmt
.25 lbs (140 g) Roasted Barley Malt https://amzn.to/3259sqs
.3 ounces (7 g) Cascade hops pellets https://amzn.to/2ZxdExy
.25 lbs (140 g) Lactose Powder https://amzn.to/2Hrz4WF
Want more City Steading?
Join our Mailing List: http://city-steading.com/signup-for-our-mailing-list/
City Steading Bread and Beyond: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqjTeB88zqdwT69gdNC-UXw
City Steading Garden and Grow: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHxMV_CVlLNQhRBfPOrdh2A
VIP Club: http://city-steading.com/vip-club/